Learning about important health topics through our interactive online trainings is free, fun and easy! Take the courses at your own pace and repeat them as often as you like.
Engaging and informative videos are designed to reinforce concepts addressed in the online courses. These free videos can also be downloaded for sharing with wider audiences, such as in classrooms, homes, community meetings, and physician and hospital waiting rooms.
The Online Preparedness Training Program has been developed to:
- Improve the communication between School Nurses, School/District Administrators and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health regarding infectious diseases in schools and other public health-related issues
- Reinforce the correct protocols for reporting communicable diseases in schools
- Dispel myths and misinformation about common diseases in schools, such as MRSA and influenza (flu)
- Encourage healthy habits in schools and communities
- Inform early childcare providers and families about flu preparedness
- Raise awareness about the importance of flu vaccination to protect communities
- School Nurses
- School Administrators/Principals
- Emergency Managers
- Risk Managers
- PTA Members
- Others/General Public